Intended for Good (31 Days)

Tuesday, October 2, 2012


You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.  Genesis 50:20
Dear Zach and Noah-

You remember the story...brothers that turn against the favored one.  Brothers that one day bow and seek mercy from the one they sold into slavery.  Fact is...the story is repeated over and over again.  Brothers turn against brothers.  Friends turn on friends.  Parents wound their children. Children rise up against the ones that raised them. Intentional?  Sometimes, but not always.  So what do you do with the hurt that others inflict on you?  How do you react? You look at it from God's perspective.  That is what Joseph did.  God allowed him to be sold into slavery for the sole purpose of salvation.  Joseph was able to forgive his brothers because he realized that in the end good came from it.  God blessed it.  Lives were saved.  May you always remember that whatever hurt you endure from others can be forgiven with God's perspective.

With Love,
Mom


It is my goal in October to post 31 days of Bible verses/passages that I want to pass on to my kids.  My hope is eventually to buy Bibles to highlight these verses and then give them the Bible when they graduate high school. Won't you join me on my journey through God's Word?

No comments: