Not Your Mother's Make Ahead and Freeze Cookbook

Friday, October 26, 2012


Freezer cooking has saved my life and fed my family these past few years!  I will never go back to the daily grind of trying to figure out what's for dinner at 4pm.  I have tried to use a bunch of bulk/freezer cookbooks over the years and none of them have been exceptional.  Sure I have gotten a few ideas here and there, but the recipes are sometimes bland or boring.  I couldn't wait for Jessica Fisher's Not Your Mother's Make-Ahead and Freeze Cookbook (NYM Series) because I have been visiting her two blogs (Life as Mom and Good Cheap Eats) for awhile now and really like her recipes!  So I wasn't surprised that her book is a wealth of great recipes and helpful hits.

The beginning of the book gives helpful hints on how to start freezer cooking, what freezes and what doesn't, how to package foods, etc.  It is then onto the recipes.  Here is a list of some of the ones I have tried and we have loved...

Lawnmower Taco (this stuff is AWESOME and EASY)
Seasoned Versatile Pinto Beans
Slow Cooker Red Sauce
Mix and Match Muffins
Any of her scone recipes
Butterhorn rolls
Chocolate butterhorn rolls


I am eager to try to following in the next few weeks:

Chicken Divan with cheddar crust
Spicy Taco Lasagna
Pepper Jack and Chile burritos
Cheddar Soup with Zucchini, Broccoli, and Carrots
Breakfast Smoothies (The Red Banana, The Blue Pineapple)--Gotta love the names!
Chocolate Almond Biscotti

I will be cooking up a storm in the near future!!


No comments: