Sweet -n- Sour Sausage {Freezer Crockpot Meal}

Tuesday, February 18, 2014



I love freezer meals, and I love using my crockpot!  Makes life so much easier!  Here is one of my favorite "Freezer to Crockpot" meals because it is so easy to throw together and tastes great!

I have to be honest and say that the amounts are not exact.  This recipe is fluid.  If you want more meat, then add more meat.  More veggies?  Then do that!

Crockpot Sweet -n- Sour Sausage

2-3 Kielbasa (cut up into bite-sized pieces)
1 can pineapple (I use the larger can...20 oz. I think?)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
**Or, alternatively, I buy a small bag of frozen, chopped pepper and onion mixture to throw into it.
Cooked rice

Sauce Ingredients
3/4 cup sugar
4 T. ketchup
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1 T. soy sauce
1 t. garlic salt

Mix the sauce ingredients together in a large bowl.  To that bowl add the rest of the ingredients except the rice.  Mix well.  Place the mixture in a gallon ziploc and freeze.  The day before serving, thaw mixture in fridge.  The morning of serving, place the mixture in the crockpot and cook on low for several hours.  Serve with rice.

Want some more great freezer meal ideas and tips?

4 comments:

Sue Donaldson said...

oh boy oh boy - i love new recipes and post one every friday - maybe I can feature you sometime? this looks delish,as my dad would say - i have a killer one for my crock pot - crock pot lasagne - and yes, I'm afraid i own too many crock pots, but I do use them all...

Debbie said...

Yes, I would be open to you featuring me. :-)

Anonymous said...

How long is several hours? I dont want to over cook it.

Debbie said...

If the mixture is frozen I would say about five hours on low. Less time if not frozen...about 3. However, I have let it go longer than that and it seems to hold up well to "over-cooking".