Waffles in Bulk

Wednesday, November 19, 2014



There are times that you are so sick of being behind that you force yourself to get ahead. In October, I came down with a nasty virus for a couple of weeks that turned into seven weeks. Followed by the flu. It's been rough to say the least.  My family barely had food on the table as I was trying to piecemeal life all together. I decided (on one of my good sick days) to make a ton of waffles to put in the freezer so I wouldn't  have to face another morning of no food for my hungry teen sons.

This recipe {which I doubled} made over 60 waffles in my Cuisinart 6-Slice Waffle Iron! We were set for life! Don't I wish!

These freeze well. In the morning we just pop them into the toaster to heat them up.

Waffles for the Freezer

6 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
5 cups milk
1 cup  oil
6 large eggs

Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Let the batter rest for five minutes. Cook the waffles (NOTE: Mine took 5 minutes each, but each machine is different.)  Let cool completely and bag in gallon-size Ziploc bags. Freeze.  On the morning of serving all you need is to toast them until heated through.

NOTE: Double the recipe! While this will take longer to get through all the batter it is so worth it to have all those beautiful, golden waffles in the freezer!

No comments: