Winter Freezer Meals

Tuesday, October 15, 2013



When it is cold outside (and I would know a thing or two about cold since I live in Alaska!), you want something warm and filling.  Here are a few meals that we enjoy during the winter months...


 Kielbasa with Roasted PotatoesAdmittedly, this isn't a freezer meal per se...When Kielbasa goes on sale at the store I buy a bunch and freeze it.  Then when I want I throw together a real quick meal of sliced Kielbasa, potatoes, and chopped onion with seasoning.  I roast this concoction in the oven. Yum!

Meatloaf
Meatloaf freezes very well. There are a lot of recipes out there...here are a few to try:

Parmesan Meatloaf {Gluten-free}

The Pioneer Woman's Meatloaf

Soups
Soups are a staple in our freezer. Nice and warm on a cold day! 

Here is a list of other soups that would work to get your creative juices flowing. I will be writing a post all about soups later in the month.

Baked Potato Soup
Any type of chili...I am looking forward to trying this one soon...Zippy Three Bean Chili
Taco Soup
Minestrone
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Chicken Noodle
Jambalaya

Here are a few recipes that I am planning on doing soon.  I have never heard of Broccoli Cobbler, but it sounds yummy!!!

Broccoli Cobbler

Sesame Lime Chicken Egg rolls

So what do you like to cook in the winter?

To see more in the series 31 Days of Freezer Meals, click here. 

No comments: