Gratitude {How Not to Get Bitten by a Snake}

Monday, October 14, 2013


{Photo Source-Wild Scenic Nature}

It is gratitude.  The very thing you need so you won't get bit. 

 By a snake. 

 It was true in the garden so many years ago. A woman not thankful for the fruit she did have, reaches for the one piece that should be out of reach, changing life on earth.  The Snake had struck.  It would happened again in the wilderness.

A little ingratitude goes a long way...

And the people became impatient because of the journey. The people spoke against God and Moses, “Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? For there is no food and no water, and we loathe this miserable food.” Numbers 21:4b-5

A little ingratitude comes back to bite you...

The Lord sent fiery serpents among the people and they bit the people, so that many people of Israel died. Numbers 21:6

 
The story in Numbers is one good reason (really good!) to express gratitude.  So I continue my gift list today...thanking Him for all the things He has done for me because honestly, I  never really did like snakes!



{3,880-3,905}

-Amazing photography by my dad {Thanks for the snake photo, Dad!}
-Learning not to complain about the journey He is taking me on
-Meeting for Thai food
-Making Thai food
-Getting up early to make freezer meals
-The reminders on my phone this week. So needed them to remember to do everything on my list.
-That He leads us out of our Egypts to bring us in to our Promised Land.  Deut. 6:23
-Getting some Christmas prep done
-Dice for all the games we play in Spanish lessons


-Hearing students become more fluent 
-Dishes done
-Not knowing the future but knowing He does
-A free mocha
-Walking with a friend
-That He loves us regardless of what circumstances look like
-Keeping up with my hardcopy of my gratitude journal
-Rain
-The sunshine after the rain
-A full night's sleep
-Activities for the boys
-Warm weather for this time of year
-Hard emotions
-Such compassion and grace shown to us by those that hardly know us
-Hearing what I needed to hear
-Learning that all was grace during the Exodus and all is grace wherever I may journey
-Someone loaning me a movie about missionaries in Colombia

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

Counting with you at Ann's today.

Debbie Petras said...

I posted after you on Ann's blog. So glad I stopped by to read your gratitude list. I had to laugh as we're both Debbie P. I don't like snakes at all; very scary but that is a great photo.

Loving Learning said...

Popped over from Ann's, love your list. That snake photo made me lift my feet off the floor lol!