The Optimist

Monday, September 2, 2013


I wasn't born an optimist.  I have fought a lifetime to dig myself out of a pit of negativity.  But slowly, over time, I have learned that looking for the glass to be half full produces a happier person.  By focusing on what I have instead of what I don't I can save myself some angst and grief.  Not that I have become an perpetual optimist.  I will work on it until the day I die I am sure!  By giving thanks to God for all He gives I chose to be an optimist whether I was born one or not!  Here is my continuing list of gratitude...

{3,745-3,765}

-A rose from Tim to start the school year
-The giving of gifts
-The receiving of gifts
-Zach's new part time job
-Starting a new study with a friend

-Wonderful (I mean REALLY WONDERFUL!!) students this year for Spanish lessons
-Homemade rolls
-Extra sleep to fight off a cold
-Lunch with friends
-Getting the first week of lessons done
-A comfy couch to sink into
-Some extra time to spend chatting with one of my students
-Confirmation
-A few moments to myself
-An overwhelming amount of tomatoes from the garden
-Peace in the midst of a storm
-Egg drop soup
-Rainy days after a dry summer
-Cold medicine
-Cheesy mashed potatoes
-Sleepiness

1 comment:

Jennifer Dougan said...

Debbie,

Nice to meet you. I'm hopping over from Ann's link up, and counting gifts with you. Ahh, new books and studies with friends, a rose from your man, new beginnings at school and in your Spanish classes, and an abundance of tomatoes. :) Nice.

Have a great week,
Jennifer Dougan
www.jenniferdougan.com