The Wardrobe of Christ

Wednesday, September 4, 2013


Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14

A few months back I came across these verses and decided to do a lesson on them.  As Christians, how are we to dress?  What are we to put on to represent Christ? Then recently, I found this Bible study on the exact same topic! I am on week two and loving it!  The lessons are shorter than what I am used to (For example, sometimes with Beth Moore's studies I split one day into two if I am running out of time.), but the information is rich.  Carrie Rogers clearly illustrates what we are supposed to wear.  She talks about how when Adam and Eve sinned that God clothed them.  God is still in the fashion industry today!  He wants us to put on compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Here is a look at the titles for each week of Carrie's six week Bible study:

Clothed in Christ
The New You 
Compassion and Kindness
Humility
Gentleness and Patience
Forgiveness and Love



So what are you wearing?  It is helping me each day to remind myself that I really need to put on Jesus!
 

No comments: