From Pit to Palace

Thursday, August 1, 2013

{Joseph's Coat Rose}

Sometimes life isn't what we hoped for.  Take that favored boy in a family filled with sons.  You know the one.  In the multi-colored coat. Thrown in the pit. Thrown into the house of Potiphar.  Thrown in a prison.  And the biggest plot twist of all...thrown into the palace of a pharaoh.

But what do we do while we wait for the plot twist?  How do we navigate our lives in the midst of the pit?  I have lived in a few pits.  Some of my own design.  Some designed by another. But mainly designed by the great pit creator himself.  The one that was and is a snake.  I have found that while in the pit (a place of despair) or in the house of Potiphar (a place of temptation) or in prison (a place of inescapable circumstance) that there is only one thing to do as you wait for the plot to turn and twist...

Don't rescue yourself (You will only make more of a mess)
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
    out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
    and gave me a firm place to stand.  Psalm 40:2

Keep your eyes on the Real Rescuer
Our God, will you not judge them? For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you.” II Chronicles 20:12

Trust the Creator of Plot Twists and Turns
For I know that through your prayers and God’s provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance.  Philippians 1:19

Praise Him when the pit turns into a palace and praise Him even if it doesn't
Praise the Lord, my soul;
    all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
    and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
    and crowns you with love and compassion.  Psalm 103:4

Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him.  Job 13:15

There is no pit that He can't turn into a palace.  There is no pit that He can't use for our benefit.  We just need to hang on and wait on Him...

No comments: