gods at war by kyle Idleman

Tuesday, April 16, 2013




We think idols are a thing of the past or something you see in an Asian restaurant.  So not true! Kyle Idelman has recently written a book called gods at war that speaks to our constant struggle with idols.  Basically, an idol is anything that we put ahead of God.  It could be a relationship, money, success, food and the list could go on and on.  Kyle touches on several types of idols (a chapter for each) and explains how they get in the way of our relationship with God.

I love Kyle's writing style which incorporates humor and funny footnotes along the way.  He uses Scripture and personal stories to drive home his point.  We may think that we don't have any idols, but the end of the book Kyle has shown that we all do in one shape or form.  He also describes the biggest idol of all for most people. Can you guess what it is?

I would highly recommend this book.  Eye-opening!  It really got me to think of what/who I put before God and how I break those first two commandments.  Sometimes we think we are squeaky clean in this area of life because our shelves don't container nice little statues with round bellies.  Think again!




Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it.  I am not required to give a positive review.  All my opinions are my own.





No comments: