Homemade Fabric Softener

Thursday, March 28, 2013

For a few years now I have made my own laundry detergent.  Here is my favorite recipe.  But I have never really found a substitute for fabric softener that I liked.  I have used white distilled vinegar and that works especially well to get rid of the mildew smell in towels.  However, I hated lugging all that vinegar home.{I am lazy!} Here is an alternative that we are trying...
Homemade Fabric Softener
6 - cups Hot Water
3 - cups White Distilled Vinegar
2 - cups Hair Conditioner (any brand)
1 - Empty Gallon Container
{The conditioner and vinegar with a touch of lime essential oil before popping it in the microwave}


Directions:
In large (microwave safe) bowl, mix the vinegar and hair conditioner together (it will look a bit clumpy).

Place the whole bowl in the microwave and heat for a minute or two. This will ensure the ingredients will blend together more easily. Remove from microwave and stir. (I used a whisk).

Add hot water and mix to make sure everything is blended. Pour mixture into a one gallon container and store in laundry room.

Use the same amount you normally use in a rinse cycle (approx 1/2 cup).
Note: Add to fabric dispenser department, downy ball or directly in the second rinse cycle. Before each use give the bottle a good shake to mix it up.




{The Finished Product}

No comments: