The Whirlwind (31 Days)

Thursday, October 18, 2012





“They sow the wind  and reap the whirlwind."  Hosea 8:7a

Dear Zach and Noah-

We think it is just a little "mistake" (read: "sin").  However, it blows up in our faces.  God knows how this works.  A little lie only needs to get bigger to cover the small one.  A small criticism to a friend can bring devastation that we can't even imagine.  A little pride can grow into a big fall.  We think we are only dealing with a wind, a gentle breeze.  It turns into a raging storm.  This verse in Hosea always reminds me that sin is far more reaching than we ever realize.  It destroys relationships.  It eats at our souls.  It spreads its venom quickly and lethally.  It is a reminder to be careful with our words and our actions.  It is also a reminder that when we deal with others' sin that they too have no idea how pervasive the damage can be.  We can give them grace knowing that they "do not know what they are doing." (Luke 23:34)

With Love,
Mom

It is my goal in October to post 31 days of Bible verses/passages that I want to pass on to my kids.  My hope is eventually to buy Bibles to highlight these verses and then give them the Bible when they graduate high school. Won't you join me on my journey through God's Word?

No comments: