Forfeiting Grace (31 Days)

Friday, October 19, 2012








“Those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs." Jonah 2:8

Dear Zach and Noah-

Idols...it is not like we have a lot of those around the house. Little statues of men with big bellies.  But do we?  Anything that replaces God is an idol.  It doesn't have to be a statue.  It doesn't have to have a belly. Jonah knew about bellies...the fishy type.  He had put his comfort and desires above God's. Jonah's desires became his god.  It landed him in a "watery grave" for three days.  It is my prayer for our whole family that we will embrace God first and as a result receive His grace.

With Love,
Mom



It is my goal in October to post 31 days of Bible verses/passages that I want to pass on to my kids.  My hope is eventually to buy Bibles to highlight these verses and then give them the Bible when they graduate high school. Won't you join me on my journey through God's Word?

No comments: