On Becoming a Cow (31 Days)

Wednesday, October 17, 2012




Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.  Daniel 4:37

Dear Zach and Noah-

What is the quickest way to become a cow?  Ask good 'ole King Nebby.  He knows.  Being full of yourself is a one way ticket to devastation.  Being prideful leads down the road of ruin.  Thinking you are "all that" only leads to a bovine existence. (Daniel 4)  Always remember that you are cherished because you are made in the image of God.  However, you are NOT God, which is what pride tries to prove.  Pride says, "I am in charge."  Pride says, "I am so great." Pride says, "Look at me.  Not at God."  Taking a prideful stance will always lead to a fall.  I am praying that pride doesn't destroy you, but that you always know that you are loved beyond measure because you are His.

With Love,
Mom


It is my goal in October to post 31 days of Bible verses/passages that I want to pass on to my kids.  My hope is eventually to buy Bibles to highlight these verses and then give them the Bible when they graduate high school. Won't you join me on my journey through God's Word?

No comments: