Broken Cisterns (31 Days)

Tuesday, October 16, 2012






“My people have committed two sins:
They have forsaken me,
    the spring of living water,
and have dug their own cisterns,
  broken cisterns that cannot hold water.  Jeremiah 2:13

Dear Zach and Noah-

We need to be filled.  It is just a matter of what will fill us.  Will it be the things of the world?  Things that don't hold water?  Or will it be God, the Spring of Living Water?  As human beings we tend to want to fill ourselves in the easiest way possible.  With those things that we can touch, feel, and see. But all the things of the world will never satisfy forever.  We have to keep going back again and again.  Only God fills the void. It is my prayer that you will seek Him to fill those empty spaces instead of the quick fix of the world.

With Love,
Mom


It is my goal in October to post 31 days of Bible verses/passages that I want to pass on to my kids.  My hope is eventually to buy Bibles to highlight these verses and then give them the Bible when they graduate high school. Won't you join me on my journey through God's Word?

No comments: