The Power of Life and Death (31 Days)

Wednesday, October 10, 2012



The tongue has the power of life and death,  and those who love it will eat its fruit.  Proverbs 18:21

Dear Zach and Noah-

God created the world with words.  He created you.  He created the creatures that roam the earth. He spoke and created.  Words are powerful.  Words create.  They can create love.  They can create joy.  They can create peace and encouragement. They can create death. Anger. Hatred.  We always used to tell you guys when you were little "Use your words." (instead of crying and whining).  You are older now...it is time to carefully choose your words...to build up those around you. To create positive relationships instead of breaking them down.  So, "use your words".  Just be careful how you use them.

With Love,
Mom

It is my goal in October to post 31 days of Bible verses/passages that I want to pass on to my kids.  My hope is eventually to buy Bibles to highlight these verses and then give them the Bible when they graduate high school. Won't you join me on my journey through God's Word?

No comments: