Overlooking an Insult (31 Days)

Tuesday, October 9, 2012




A fool shows his annoyance at once,  but a prudent man overlooks an insult.  Proverbs 12:16

Dear Zach and Noah-

Sometimes grace is biting your tongue.  Sometimes it is overlooking the insult hurled your way.  It has taken me forty years to figure that out.  To figure out that grace is a better way to deal with people.  Not just for their sakes, but for yours.  With grace, you will not turn out angry, bitter, and vengeful.  You will be a happier person in the long run.  So take a leap towards grace every time the arrows of hurt are aimed your way.

With Love,
Mom

It is my goal in October to post 31 days of Bible verses/passages that I want to pass on to my kids.  My hope is eventually to buy Bibles to highlight these verses and then give them the Bible when they graduate high school. Won't you join me on my journey through God's Word?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sometimes this is a daily occurance. The more a prudent man over looks and insult the less he will even pay any attention. It gets easier as we mature in Christ. Thanks for sharing this one today!