Approval (31 Days)

Thursday, October 25, 2012





Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.  Galatians 1:10

Dear Zach and Noah-

I have to admit.  I am a people pleaser.  Especially in my younger years.  As I got older I had to make some tough decisions in life.  Decisions that others don't always agree with.  They were decisions though that were healthy for me and for you. They changed the course of our family. God has honored those decisions.  Some people have not.  I have had to learn over the years that I will not win men's approval all the time.  Frankly, it isn't even worth seeking it.  But I can seek to be a servant of Christ.  Following Him.  Seeking to please Him. May you realize in life that the approval of men means nothing.  It is God's stamp of approval that we should seek.

With Love,
Mom


It is my goal in October to post 31 days of Bible verses/passages that I want to pass on to my kids.  My hope is eventually to buy Bibles to highlight these verses and then give them the Bible when they graduate high school. Won't you join me on my journey through God's Word?

No comments: