Easter Recipes

Thursday, April 5, 2012


This Easter we are going over to a friend's house for dinner.  I am in charge of making the ham and a veggie. I love doing holidays with other families simply because it means that I don't have to cook all the dishes! I recently found this recipe for Crockpot Ham.  This is how I am going to cook it since it will be an easy crockpot recipe.


I have been trying to add more fruits and veggies into our diet lately.  I actually like most of them anyways, but I am picking about a few.  For example, I have never liked fresh green beans because they squeak on my teeth when you eat them! LOL Purely a texture thing.  I recently found that if I roast green beans that they are AWESOME!  Here is what I do...excuse the lack of amounts for each ingredient..this is truly a "dump recipe" to suit your tastes.

Roasted Green Beans

fresh or frozen green beans
olive oil (maybe about 2 T for 2 lbs. of beans)
salt
pepper

Preheat oven to 425. Place the beans in an oven safe dish. Drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.  Mix completely. Roast for about 15 minutes until beans are crisp tender and starting to brown.




 

No comments: