Homeschool Mother's Journal: Celebrating Mother's Day!

Friday, September 9, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…Started my second week of Spanish lessons that I give in my home during the school year. I think I am finally organized and ready for the year. Started working on Christmas gifts...never too early!
In our homeschool this week…We are chugging right along.  It was an easy math week for Zach, which is saying a lot.  Normally math is his biggest challenge.  Noah and I have been going through early American history (Jamestown and Plymouth).  Love this period of history!
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…Check up on your kids!  We have checklists here of what each boy is supposed to do each day.  I am amazed that even with a checklist I have to go behind them to make sure they did what they were supposed to do.  When I get lazy about checking up on them, they get lazy! 
I am inspired by…Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
My favorite thing this week was…Sitting by a campfire on Labor Day weekend.
I’m reading…The Last of the Mohicans. Not quite enjoying this one as much as some of the other classics I have read.  It is good, but I prefer To Kill a Mockingbird or Great Expectations.
I’m cooking…Trying not to this week! :-)
I’m grateful for…our rocking chair finally getting recovered. It was supposed to be a Mother's Day gift for me....I guess Mother's Day comes in September now.  It just took forever for us to get the right material that we ordered and for the reupholstery place to get the job done.

 

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
{Titan, our mini Schnauzer, out Labor Day camping}


 

No comments: