Bible in 90 Days Check-in

Monday, July 19, 2010


So how is rapidly reading through the Bible going for me?  Can I just say that I love it! I am finding that it is actually easier than trying to read the Bible through in a year.  I know that in some ways that makes no sense whatsoever.  But I am really getting into the stories and concepts better because I am reading more each day.  I am making connections that I never did before like how Caleb's brother (you know...Joshua and Caleb that thought the promise land was a good idea.) was one of the first judges of Israel.  I have made the connection that redemption is a bloody business after reading about all the sacrifices that the Israelites needed to perform.

I actually started a bit earlier than the online group (July 1st was my start date).  I am currently in  I Kings . I can't believe that I have gotten this far so fast!!!


4 comments:

Heidi said...

I totally agree, Debbie! I am getting so much more out of my readings but reading in larger chunks. I'm really enjoying it.

You must be doing more than 12 pages a day. I, too, started on July 1st and even read 2 sections one day, so I read Day 20's section today.

Debbie said...

Heidi- Yes, I have a lot of reading time at the pool while one of my sons does lessons. I am trying to get as much done now before school starts.

Anonymous said...

Yay, Debbie!! I'm glad it is going so well for you!! Keep up the good work!! :) You are in my prayers!

Amy@ MomsToolbox said...

Awesome! I agree that reading it this way is easier than the year plan (Guess that's why I'm such and advocate! :) )

Keep it up! And thanks for the inspirational check in! :)