Stained Glass Hearts by Patsy Clairmont

Wednesday, August 31, 2011


Have you ever felt that life just leaves you broken?  I recently read Stained Glass Hearts by Patsy Clairmont. Patsy uses art (she starts with stained glass and mosaics) to talk about our broken lives and how we need a new perspective to help us deal with the pain. The first half of the book is about the condition of our lives and the brokeness we endure.  The second half of the book talks about different things that helps us deal with that brokeness: prayer, poetry, books, nature, etc.

What I appreciated about Patsy's book was her keen wit and positive perspective on life. One unique part of her book is that each chapter ends with art suggestions (whether they be paintings, music, or other books) to investigate that fit the topic of the chapter. This would be a perfect book for someone who loves and appreciates art and may be dealing with brokeness at the same time.  I don't know a lot about art, but I sure enjoyed Patsy's suggestions!

We all have stained glass hearts and need to find the beauty in our brokeness!  This book connects the two.  Check it out!



Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it.  I am not required to give a positive review.  All my opinions are my own.

1 comment:

Simply Pochi said...

My answer to your question: YES. But I have found COMPLETENESS in my Savior, Christ Jesus. He called me by name, even if I don't deserve His grace. God bless.