The Waiting Place by Eileen Button

Tuesday, June 14, 2011


I hate waiting. I am not what you would call a patient person. So when I had a chance to read a book entitled The Waiting Place, I jumped at it. I thought I would get a book that would teach me how to wait and how to be patient. I was mistaken.  Instead I read through a book that taught that we find life in the waiting.  It is what makes life precious.

Eileen Button's writing style is humorous, poignant, and tear-jerking.  It has been a long time since I have truly laughed out loud reading a book.  I did it with this one for sure! I also cried.  There were so many emotions that ran through me as Eileen told her stories of her pastor husband, her child born with a birth defect, and her wait for her Uncle Tom to die. There were also stories of her church (that I could TOTALLY relate to) and the people in it and how her husband tracked down a "burglar".

The Waiting Place  is so worth the read! Check it out!

Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it.  I am not required to give a positive review.  All my opinions are my own.

No comments: