Another Mystery Unit

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What do Sherlock Holmes and food have in common? They both create mysteries!  Let me explain...Two years ago the boys and I did a mystery unit.  We read The Westing Game, did some fun activities, and finished off with a mystery meal.  It was such a hit that I have decided that we are going to do a shortened mystery unit.  Our favorite activities were the read aloud and the mystery meal. I have been trying to come up with a list of books/stories we could read that are mysteries and/or involve crimes.  This is what I am looking at as far as read alouds go.

The Ransom of Red Chief
The Complete Father Brown Stories

and if there is time...

The Case of the Missing Marquess: An Enola Holmes Mystery


I am working on a new mystery meal.  To see what a mystery meal consists of and how we did ours, click here. I would love to hear if you have any ideas!

No comments: