Our Mystery Meal is Served!

Monday, May 11, 2009

I served the boys their mystery meal today to go along with the mystery/detective unit. If you want to see what else we have done in our unit see here. This is probably the most enjoyable activity we have done all school year!
Here's our menu:
napkin-crumb catcher
spoon-The Big Dipper
fork-Neptune's Trident
knife-the pride of Switzerland (like a Swiss Army knife, get it?)
Coke-bubbly brownie
Caesar salad-Roman mix-up
croutons-little blocks
dressing-pants and shirt
cucumber slices-lily pads
cheese Bagel Bites-dairy donuts
pepperoni Bagel Bites-dotted donuts
ice cream sandwich-arctic bovine burger
I set the boys up in their bedroom with a small table and chairs. That way I could make all my preparations in the kitchen without them seeing. They were told that they had to remain in the bedroom for the whole activity. I then handed them menus in which they picked the items they wanted for their three courses. Since they had no idea what most of the names meant they randomly chose numbers (of the items) to go in their courses. If you are interested in having a copy of the menu please leave me a comment with your e-mail address and I will get it to you. Here they are filling out their menus...

Here is some of the food served...lily pads, bubbly brownie, pants and shirt, little blocks and Roman mix-up.The first course: Zach was served little blocks, dotted donuts, a crumb catcher, and a big dipper. Noah was served little blocks, Roman mix-up, Neptune's trident and the Arctic bovine burger.Second course: Zach was served Roman mix-up, Neptune's trident, The pride of Switzerland, and bubbly Brownie. Noah received bubbly brownie, a big dipper, the price of Switzerland, and a crumb catcher.Third course: Zach received lily pads, pants and shirt, dairy donuts, and an arctic bovine burger. Noah was served dotted donuts, dairy donuts, lily pads and pants and shirt.The boys loved this activity so much that they want to come up with a menu to do for their dad!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Fabulous! (clap, clap!)

Jayne said...

So cool! I can't wait to do it with my kiddos! They love mysteries and it would be a blast! I might have to do it for dinner so their dad could join in on the fun! I would love the menu if you don't mind sharing my email is nov16@bellsouth.net (Thanks :)

Karen said...

What fun memories you are making!

ami said...

Great job! :-)
Ami

Anonymous said...

What fun! I would love a menu too if you don't mind: degregso@hotmail.com

This could work for April Food's Day too I would think.