Cucumbers!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

I am attempting to grow cucumbers this year.  I always try a new kind of vegetable to grow each year...this year I am going to try two: cucumbers and eggplant.  So I may be putting the cart before the horse considering that my cucumbers now are the size of tiny caterpillars, but I am gearing up for some cucumbers by collecting some tasty recipes!  Here are a few that use that crunchy, cool veggie.

Spaghetti salad
Tzatziki Sauce
Cucumber Tomato Salad



Cucumbers in Sour Cream
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 3 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • Pepper to taste
  • 4 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
  • 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
  • In a serving bowl, combine the sour cream, vinegar, sugar and pepper. Stir in cucumbers and onion. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings


No comments: