Garden Plans

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

{Baby Pumpkins}

Snow still covers the ground, but it is warming up here. I am beginning to think of my garden.  I am so eager to get out there! Here are my tentative plans:

I am gearing up to do something different: square foot gardening. I have checked out All New Square Foot Gardening: Grow More in Less Space! and will probably plant this way in my big garden.  I also have tons of pots and will do container gardening.

What am I going to grow?

Rhubarb, so I can make these....


Flowers for something pretty...


And these...

Strawberries (these are wild plants...haven't done well in past years.  Gonna give them one more year!)
Tomatoes (Early Girl and Tiny Tim)
Pumpkins (Sunshine Red Kabocha)
Carrots (Scarlet Nantes)
Lettuce
Beets
Beans
Zucchini
Cucumbers (going to try these for the first time)
Herbs (basil, chives, oregano, parsley)

Happy Gardening!


1 comment:

Stef said...

definitely happy gardening!