Bible in 90 Days Check-in...

Saturday, August 21, 2010


Well, the BIG news???  I have made it out of the Old Testament! I can't believe it! I kept track of my hours to see how long it took.  I basically read the Old Testament in 37 hours give or take a few minutes.  This may be fast...I am not sure as Tim, my husband, swears that I read exceptionally fast.  I think my reading speed is about average...who knows?!

I have finished the first three Gospels and will start John tomorrow. I am getting to see how even though the stories are basically the same in each gospel the writing style is totally different!  I had never noticed that before.

I thought that this verse that I read today keeps life in perspective:
What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight.--Luke 16:15
What the world seeks after is not necessarily what God wants for us! Fame, success, riches mean nothing to God...a heart for Him is everything we need.

1 comment:

Jolanthe said...

woo hoo!!! Great job, Debbie!