Lime Recipes

Tuesday, June 15, 2010


My oldest son loves anything citrus.  I am especially fond of limes. So much so that I put lime wedges in my water instead of lemons. Here are a few of our favorite recipes:

Key Lime Bread

Key Lime Bars
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour, divided
2/3 cup confectioner's sugar
1 t. baking powder, divided
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
5 large eggs
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
Pre-heat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9 by 13 pan. In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups flour, confectioner's sugar and 1/2 t. baking powder.  Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture into prepared baking dish.  Bake 20 to 25 min. or until it is lightly browned. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sugar, juice, 1/4 cup flour, and 1/2 t. baking powder. Pour over hot crust. Bake 22 to 25 min. or until lightly browned.

1 comment:

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

I love anything key-lime. I am going to have to try these bars. I'll be printing this off and handing it to my 12year old daughter -- the aspiring pastry chef. And, lol, I will have her do the measurements. I just wrote (on Monday) about my teaspoon/tablespoon fiasco.

Blessings,

Rachel