Something to Think About....

Friday, April 2, 2010

Some quotes on prayer that I love....

Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays. ~Søren Kierkegaard

No one is a firmer believer in the power of prayer than the devil; not that he practices it, but he suffers from it. ~Guy H. King

When at night you cannot sleep, talk to the Shepherd and stop counting sheep. ~Author Unknown  (This one is especially good for an insomniac like me!)

Grow flowers of gratitude in the soil of prayer. ~Terri Guillemets

I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. ~Abraham Lincoln

Who rises from prayer a better man, his prayer is answered. ~George Meredith

"Prayer is not overcoming God's reluctance, but laying hold of His willingness." Martin Luther

No comments: