Curriculum Fair Week...

Friday, April 23, 2010

The beginning of the week started off with a bang as we had our local curriculum fair. The boys attended with me so that they could go to some of Jim Weiss' performances.  If you aren't familiar with Jim Weiss he is a storyteller that has produced dozens of CD's with great stories.  My boys love listening to his stuff!  I was able to go to several workshops...some by Cindy Wiggers of Geography Matters and some by Adam Andrews of the Center for Literary Education.

Something else exciting about this week?  We are starting to drop subjects in school!  Zach has finished his Word Roots program for the year and his music history.  Noah finished Math-u-See Gamma and is now moving onto Delta.  He is so proud of himself that he is moving onto the "4th grade" book even though he is still in 3rd.

Well, that is about all the excitement that we can take in a week!  Next week will also be a good one as it will be my last week of giving private Spanish lessons for the year.  I normally homeschool in the morning and then on Tuesday-Thursday I give lessons in the afternoon.  I will be relieved when that extra responsibility is gone for a few months.

2 comments:

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

I love all the Geography Matters products. That must have been a fabulous class!

Rachel

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Glad you'll be getting a bit of a break. Enjoy! :)