My Word of the Year for 2010

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Last year for the first time I picked a Word of the Year which many of the women on the FIAR boards do each year.  This is a word/concept that you focus on for the year.  My word for 2009 was patience.  This year I have decided to go with the word "prayer".

I am looking forward to learning more about prayer and seeing what prayer can do in my life this year.  Here are some resources that I will be using as I focus on the concept of prayer...

Candace at His Mercy is New has written a post on prayer.

Beth Moore's book Praying God's Word

These prayer cards from NavPress...I have used these a lot over the past several years. Our church was handing them out and I loved the concept.

A Prayer Journal-I want to record my prayers and when/how they were answered.

Here are some of the books that Candace at His Mercy is New recommended to me...I am going to look into these this coming year...

Praying the Scriptures for Your Children (I also have two long lists of scriptures that I have used in the past to pray over my kids...I will be sharing those on my blog soon).

So, have you chosen a Word of the Year?  What will it be...what will you focus on?  Join me throughout 2010 as I go on this journey.

3 comments:

KimSD said...

Good morning Debbie! Hope your Christmas was nice and peaceful and I pray you have a wonderful New Year!

Anonymous said...

Debbie, I'm glad you are feeling led in a certain direction (prayer) and to read about and join you on this journey this year. I'm anxious to see all that God teaches us and does in our hearts! My word is going to be ABIDE, which has a lot to do with prayer and waiting on God too. I hope you enjoy the books as much as I did!!

Jen U. said...

Debbie- thanks for sharing your word with us. I have been feeling as though God is directing me to this very same word. I appreciate you sharing your resources.