Layer Books

Saturday, December 5, 2009

I recently bought some layer books from Bare Books. Go to this link and scroll down to the "step books" to see what I am talking about.  I decided to use these books to help the boys review some concepts that they are working on in Language arts. For Noah, he did a Parts of Speech book.  Each layer is labeled with a different part of speech.


When you flip open to each page there is a definition of the part of speech and example words for that part.


Zach is working on the parts of a story...here is his layer book.  I know some of the writing is light and hard to see.  I still want him to get a picture for each part to put on each page...one to depict setting, one for characters, etc.








1 comment:

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

That's a cool idea. I like the stuff at bare books. I never noticed they had layer books. I better not click through the link and start looking - at least, not now. ;)