Jillian's 30 Day Shred

Friday, June 19, 2009

I have been hearing about this exercise DVD on the Five in a Row Boards for some time now. I recently received it from Netflix and was able to to it today. I love this DVD! Let me tell you how it is set up. There is about a five minute warm up and a five minute cool down. The main bulk of the training is 20 minutes. I like how this is set up. There are three levels...one being the easiest and three the most difficult. For each level the 20 minutes follow the same pattern: 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. The pattern is done three times which equals up to about 20 minutes. Even though the pattern is repeated, the moves aren't. You will do different moves each time. Here are some of the moves in level one: squats, lunges, jumping jacks, "jump rope", regular crunches, bicycle. I have only done level one and it is quite the workout for me (I have been exercising for several years). I used 3 lb. weights, but will move up to 5 lbs. next time to intensify it all. I can't wait to try level 2 and 3!


1 comment:

Amy said...

Hi Debbie,

I found your blog through a search for other "shredding" bloggers. I just started this week and today will be day 4 (if I can fit it in during nap time!).

I set up a Mr Linky on my blog for "Fitness Fridays". I'm hoping it'll be a place for people to share their Shred/exercise journey, tips, advice, etc. It's been fun to read some of the other blog posts from others doing the Shred... I'm not the only one who's hurting! ;)

If you're interested, it's www.muddybootsblog.blogspot.com . If not, good luck with the Shred. I think I could handle 5lb weights for some of the moves, but not the squats. Ugh.