Healthy Eating

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Candace over at His Mercy is New posted about changing their eating habits. Check out her blog for some ideas. If I remember right she has several posts on "healthy living" that address the topic. We are on that journey too. We have been using coconut oil, stevia, agave nectar, more honey, and I have on order coconut sugar to try out. My goal is to have better sweeteners in the house. Like Candace, sugar has some bad effects on me in particular. By reducing sugar, I have reduced my mood swings and cravings for more sugar. I also have lost a few pounds in the process. I recently heard about a series of books from The Sneaky Chef.
She uses a lot of veggie and fruit purees in her recipes to boost the nutritional content. Now we don't have a problem getting enough veggies. My kids actually like to eat salad and a big variety of veggies! But I thought I would check it out and see. I have tried one recipe so far and it was pretty decent (the Strawberry Vanilla Breakfast Cookies). I will slowly be testing some others to see what they are like.

No comments: