Hope and Healing {Unrecognizable}

Thursday, September 11, 2014


{The following is a letter I wrote this past March...it is my prayer as you read it that you will be encouraged...healing does happen and we can become whole whether we are the wounder or the wounded one.}



To The One Who Wounded,

You have no idea the pain you inflicted. The nights of sorrow spent. The doubts you raised in the heart. The loneliness that ensued. The anger you raised in your refusal to make it right. Now I search for healing...

I don't even know how to recover. I doubt  that I will survive. As a matter of fact, I am sure I have not. I am not who I once was. You won't recognize me if you meet up with me someday. Oh, sure, I will look the same on the outside.  It is the inside that is unrecognizable.

I have always been fascinated by how healing happens.  Is it the wrapping of a wound that heals it? But how do you wrap a heart that hemorrhages hurt? How to bandage a big, bloody mess?

But I do know...

The wounded can become warriors.

The hurt can become healers.

The devastated can develop love.

It's possible to heal because He walked up a hill.  We can be whole because of the holes in His hands and feet. We can live victorious because He was a victim.


By his wounds we are healed.  Isaiah 53:5

So when you see me again you won't know me, because I ran to the Wounded One to carry my sorrows. {Isaiah 53:4}  If you are looking for the victim you won't find her.  Search for the wounded...she won't show up.  Because she gave her hurt...her heart to Someone else.  The One who heals hearts when you give Him all the pieces.

It is my fervent prayer that one day you, too, will give Him your pieces, and I won't recognize you...the one with the healed heart.

Your sister in Christ,

No comments: