A New Year...A New Start

Monday, January 6, 2014


A brand, new year! I have never been more excited to start off a new season in my life!  I am eagerly watching and counting God's gifts and what He may bring in 2014.  2013 was filled with sorrow, but also with healing.  I am so thankful for a God that is in the business of doctoring our hearts and making us whole again.  My Word of the Year for 2014 is "Count"...so here I go again...counting His gifts.


{4,162-4,184}

-Planning out the second semester
-Realizing all over again the blessing it has been to homeschool my boys.
-Getting a ton of baking done


-New calendars
-A wonderful three week break coming to a close
-The healing that has been brought into my life


-Snow drifts
-Bread baking in the oven
-Lunch with a friend
-Getting the house organized
-Cleaning house
-Reading some great books, Mansfield Park by Jane Austen and Everything by Mary DeMuth
-New adventures
-The pitter patter of puppy paws
-Tylenol for a headache
-New sheets
-Lazy mornings
-Learning that God's Law is a reflection of a loving God
-Journals to keep thoughts in
-Getting all my copies done for my Spanish lessons
-Safety for my son out on the road {Thank you, Jesus!}
-Dinner and board games with friends this past weekend
-Awesome spaghetti served

1 comment:

Esther Joy said...

Thanks for your visit to my Joy4Today blog!

My word for this year is "Kindness". It looks like you are doing a great job of practicing your word of "Counting"!