My One Word {Forget the New Year's Resolutions!}

Tuesday, January 1, 2013


It was 2009, and I decided on Patience.  Then came 2010 and Prayer.  The best year thus far ended up being 2011, Grace. My worst year?  2012 and Abide.  This year I have once again picked one word, Redeemed.  In the past few months God has been teaching me that He redeems us, and then He goes one step further.  He redeems our circumstances.  Those events in our lives that we feel will never be whole.  Those plans that failed.  Those times we failed.  When things didn't go our way. He redeems it all.

I am currently reading My One Word: Change Your Life With Just One Word.  It lays out the concept of one word for the year to focus on.  Forget New Year's Resolutions.  When have you ever fulfilled all of them?  And if you have, may I ask, can I meet you?  You must be awesome!  LOL  A Word for the Year is simpler...helps us focus on how God wants to change our hearts instead of us trying to change our behavior.  Real change only comes with heart change, right?

My One Word: Change Your Life With Just One Word is an excellent resource on the concept of a "Word of the Year".  It lays out how to pick a word, how to allow God to use that word to transform you, and how to allow the word to "morph" into something unexpected that God has in store for you.  My greatest transformations in the past few years have come not from a bunch of resolutions, but in focusing on just a word.

So are you game? Ready to throw out that list of resolutions?  Just say the word...


No comments: