Vending Machine {When Your Buttons Get Pushed}

Friday, November 16, 2012



If indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you...Ephesians 3:2

Paul was like a vending machine.  Ephesians 3:2 claims it.  Paul dispensed grace.  If you pushed his buttons grace would pop out!  What an amazing testimony!  So it got me to thinking...what happens when others push my buttons?  What do I dispense?  What pops out of me?  

I would have to admit that it isn't always grace. Sometimes it is anger.  Or frustration.  Or a feeling of hopelessness...that things are never going to be right between me and the other person.  How I wish I could dispense grace instead.   Where can I get that grace?  

If we are vending machines, what are we filled with?  And more importantly, who or what fills us?  In Ephesians, Paul says that the grace was given to him to give to others.  We can't manufacture grace anymore than a vending machine can make junk food.  But it is terribly apparent that if we don't allow God to fill us all that will come out is junk.  We need His grace to give grace. 

So what am I dispensing today?  What happens when YOUR buttons get pushed?  Do you pop out grace or spit out junk on the other person?

No comments: