Mercy over Judgment (31 Days)

Tuesday, October 30, 2012





Because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment!  James 2:13

Dear Zach and Noah-

At some point you will hear me say that forgiveness has become a theme in my life.  God has put situations (think, "people") in my journey that have caused me to grapple with the idea of extending mercy and grace to those that don't deserve it.  Grace always conquers the critical spirit.  Mercy mows over the hatred growing in our hearts towards another.  Forgiveness vanquishes our judgmental attitudes. We all want to be shown mercy instead of criticism, but in order to gain that mercy we must show it to others.  Be merciful. Because mercy always triumphs!

With Love,
Mom

It is my goal in October to post 31 days of Bible verses/passages that I want to pass on to my kids.  My hope is eventually to buy Bibles to highlight these verses and then give them the Bible when they graduate high school. Won't you join me on my journey through God's Word?

No comments: