Give You Rest (31 Days)

Tuesday, October 23, 2012



{My grandparent's ranch}

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”  Matthew 11:28-30

Dear Zach and Noah-

It used to be (before my grandparent's time) that you broke up the ground with oxen under a yoke.  Nowadays there is machinery to do the job. A yoke helped a pair of oxen do the work together. It was a symbol of them being joined (the word "yoke" comes from the word "to join"). God asks us to join with Him in His work.  To not work against Him.  He is not a hard slave driver.  He is gentle and by joining Him we will ease our burden whatever it may be.  It is when we strive against Him that the work become laborious.  But under His yoke, a symbol of work, we actually find rest.

With Love,
Mom


It is my goal in October to post 31 days of Bible verses/passages that I want to pass on to my kids.  My hope is eventually to buy Bibles to highlight these verses and then give them the Bible when they graduate high school. Won't you join me on my journey through God's Word?

No comments: