More Humility, More Gifts

Monday, March 26, 2012




I used to think that God's gifts were on shelves--one above another--and the taller we grow, the easier we can reach them. Now I find that God's gifts are on shelves--and the lower we stoop, the more we get.  -F.B. Meyer

God is teaching me that the more humility that we show the more we get of His grace.

{2,147-2,167}

-humility
-Finding a new Bible study Encountering the Healing Power of Forgiveness

-Getting to chapter 5 in memorizing James
-A full freezer
-Free peanut butter
-Getting seeds in the mail
-The anticipation of gardening
-Bread from the Great Harvest Company
-A beautiful sunrise
-The book of Malachi
-My pastor's wisdom
-My husband's wisdom
-No cavities at a check up
-Exodus 14:14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.
-The pain of abuse (which makes me more like Jesus, day by day)
-That He walks with us no matter how hard the road
-That He is our ultimate example on how to deal with difficult people
-Book recommendations
-That God redeems even the ugliest events in our lives
-An encouraging text from a friend
-The ability to let go

 

No comments: