Homemade Granola Bars

Wednesday, January 25, 2012


Yesterday I tried a new recipe for chewy granola bars.  The results were awesome!  I didn't have any raisins so those got omitted, but even without them they turned out fine.

Homemade Granola Bars

1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup melted butter
2 t. vanilla
Mix the above in a bowl and then preheat the oven to 350.
Add the following:
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raisins
1/3 cup wheat germ
2 t. sesame seeds
1 cup chocolate chips
Stir well. Then press into a greased cookie sheet (or one lined with parchment paper) and bake 20 minutes. Let cool before serving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe. My husband loves granola bars and I buy the big box in Sam's Club. I think I will try these.
Janet