The New Testament

Sunday, March 13, 2011


This week I started reading the New Testament.  The stories are familiar.  The reading is easy. Two things struck me that I have never seen in before in Matthew and Mark.  In Matthew 23:35, I read...

And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.

I recently fell in love with the book of Zechariah and am now shocked to find out that he was murdered.  I will definitely be going back to study him more after I finish the Bible.

I was also struck by this small passage in Mark 16:7.  The angel is announcing that Jesus has risen and says,

But go, tell his disciples and Peter, ‘He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.’”

How precious that God names Peter specifically even after he denied Jesus.  God is in the process of restoring him by letting him know that Christ is risen.  He had a heart for Peter even though Peter had sinned against Him!

God's love is without end!

No comments: