Weekly Wrap-Up: In Which We Get Back on Track

Friday, February 4, 2011


Here is a quick update on what we did this week...day by day.

{Monday}- We are still dragging from being sick, but we made it through the day!  School got done.  Housework was somewhat attended to. I even made some lunches for the week. So we are finally back on track with life (somewhat).

{Tuesday}
Nothing extremely exciting in school today except that Noah did a quick science experiment from Apologia Human Anatomy to see why the fluid around our brains is so important.  We placed an egg in a plastic Easter egg and dropped it. It cracked (no big surprise there!). Then we put corn syrup in the plastic egg and put a new egg in.  When we drop this one the real egg didn't crack! The syrup had cushioned the blow.


{Wednesday}
We attempted to make homemade marshmallows today!  It was super easy!



{Thursday}
This has been a low key day.  Zach woke up not feeling well again.  I am real tired.  We got school done...just the bare minimum.  We are calling it good!

{Friday}
Today is a complete day at home! No outside activities.  I am currently reading Organized Simplicity: The Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living.  After the boys are done with school I will probably start decluttering the living room.  Our house is so in need of some organization right now!

6 comments:

Susan said...

Those marshmallows look really good!
The book you are reading on decluttering is so tempting to me. I often covet a library system, small town no library. LOL. Anyway I enjoyed following your link to the book and reading about it.

Unknown said...

Your marshmallows look GREAT! I might have to try it with the kids (who are big marshmallow eaters!) Fun egg experiment! (I can't wait to do Anatomy!)

Jessy - Weekly Wrap-up
http://oursideofthemtn.blogspot.com

Carrie Thompson said...

ditto on the feeling bad adn just doing basics! It is hard to not accomplish stuff isnt it!

I love the marshmellows.. I will have to do that soon, I have seen it on so many blogs and read how easy it is!

great science experiment!

Amy @ simply necessary said...

So, what do you think of the book on organizing so far? Was looking at that one myself!

Debbie said...

Amy- I am really liking the book so far. It is motivating me to declutter my home. Yesterday I clean out several bookshelves and our school room. I am loving the extra space we have now!

Ellen said...

I need to read that decluttering book, too! Although trudging through the house with a huge trash bag might be the ticket, too... Hope you are all feeling right as rain soon!