Word of the Year Blocks

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A few days ago I posted about making some letter blocks for my Word of the Year, grace.  Here is what I came up with!
I used 2 inch wooden blocks, scrapbook paper, little wooden letters, glue, glitter, and Modge Podge.

I started by cutting out one and half inch squares of scrapbook paper.  I applied these to the blocks with Modge Podge. First I brushed it on the blocks, put down the paper, and then sealed it with more Modge Podge.  I covered the letters with glue and then added glitter.  The letters were then adhered to the blocks. The one aspect of using Modge Podge with paper is that the paper will wrinkle a bit.  However, if you let it dry and then sit for several hours the wrinkles go away.

These blocks will be a reminder for me during the year that I should be focusing on grace: God's grace and the grace I should give to others.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are very cute!

Marie said...

They turned out great, Debbie!