The Homeschool Village- Community Service

Thursday, August 26, 2010


This week at The Homeschool Village we are discussing community service.  I have to admit that this is an area where we have been woefully lacking!  Because I have to work parttime at home I don't have the opportunities to have my kids do a lot of community service. They have gone to the food bank to help out a few times, but most of their service has been within our church. For example, my oldest who is 13, runs the AV equipment during services and serves in the children's ministry with the kids.  I am looking forward to seeing what other families do.  Maybe there are some service projects that the kids can do from home. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Jessica @ Mother of Action said...

As someone else has mentioned before letters to TROOPS would be an awesome volunteer project. Especially with the holiday season coming up. I know that Red Cross has a program online that sends out cards, but I am sure you can find another site for sending cards too. Thank you for sharing!! See you again Debbie! ;)

Stef said...

Hi Deb - thanks for linking up again - I don't think you've missed one week in 3 months! You're amazing!

I agree with Jessica - letters and care packages to soldiers are so important!

Thanks again for always participating!!
Stef
the hsv