Bible in 90 Days Check-in

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Wow, I have made it through the major prophets!  It was hard to be honest.  I found that Jeremiah and Ezekiel were very hard to read.  They both contain tons of warnings to Judah to change their ways or they will be taken into captivity.  But I like the way Ezekiel ends...with God telling them that they will be restored.

I just finished reading Daniel which for the most part I love.  I can't say that I understand the end time prophecies in the second half of the book.  But some of my favorite stories are in Daniel.  I love when the three friends of Daniel who are about to be thrown in the furnace say,  "O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O King. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O King,  that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."

I will move on to Hosea...

No comments: