Shakespeare....here we come!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

We are going to start learning about Shakespeare this year (since we are doing the Middle Ages, Renaissance and the Reformation, Shakespeare fits into that time period).  Last year we studied ancient history so I thought we would start with Shakespeare's play Julius Caesar. It seems like a nice bridge between ancient history and the  Middle Ages.  Many of the women on the FIAR boards that I have gone to for years for homeschooling advice suggested that Shakespeare's play are meant to be watched and not read.  So we are going to start by watching and then reading them (my oldest maybe the only one that will read them at this point).  I have been warned that you need to preview any DVD of Shakespeare's plays...there can be inappropriate stuff in some of them.  This year my goal is to cover at least three plays.  We will see how far we get.  Here are some resources that I have found for teaching Shakespeare.


















Here are some other resources...

Sharing Shakespeare with Students  I recently bought this e-book from Currclick.  There is a lot of information in this.  It covers ALL the plays that Shakespeare wrote...giving summaries and background information. Here's a free e-book from the same author.

Free Teacher Guides for several of the plays!

Notebooking pages

More info

No comments: