One in a Million

Friday, October 30, 2009


If you are not involved in regular personal Bible study I would highly encourage you to do so!  I started doing regular Bible study about 4 to 5 years ago and have been so blessed because of it.  Normally I do Beth Moore studies, but a friend of mine greatly encouraged me to do a study from Priscilla Shirer called One in a Million. I have done about two weeks worth of the study and these are some of the concepts that God is teaching me...
*Satan knows our weaknesses, and he targets them.

*We sometimes stick with the same sin over and over again because it has its perks. I stick with my anxiety because in a weird way it gives me a sense of control.  Am I really in control?  Not in the least!

*I need to be careful who are my closest friends.  Those that are complainers will only drag me down into complaining and negativity. God has really been teaching me over the past few years that I need to guard my heart and give it away only to those that will be honest and yet encouraging with me.

*Sometimes God takes us where we don't want to go or never envisioned going to. Recently, God has taken me into a field of service that I would have never envisioned doing. He has also been leading me into some scary situations so that I can "flex my faith muscle".

This is a short study (6 weeks) and then I will move onto the last Beth Moore Bible study that I haven't done about David (A Heart Like His).

3 comments:

KimSD said...

Sounds like a good Bible study. BTW, you do deserve the blog awards you've received, you are very creative!
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I really like Priscilla Shirer. I am going to check this out! Thanks for mentioning it. :) Ami

Lisa said...

I am finishing up week 9 of Jesus: The One and Only. I will have to check to see if the association where I borrow my studies has the one you mentioned. Thanks!